Band Contest page
The $1000 Band Contest, sponsored by Wildwood Landscape.
The band contest is one of the primary ways we check out bands for hiring for future events. Show off for the audience, the judges and the programming committee. And most importantly, join in the fun!
Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 12 p.m.
Enter to win up to $1000 plus a prime time slot on Saturday evening.
Sign up at The Fest Store starting at 11:00 until 11:30 a.m Saturday.
1st place : $1000 plus 15 minute slot Saturday @ 6pm-6:30 p.m. $500 paid main stage slot at next years Festival.
2nd place: $400
3rd place: $200
1. All contestants must have a festival ticket prior to registration..
2. Songs should be no more than 4 minutes in length.
3. Band will be provided with a single large diaphragm mic, no plug in and no set up time.
4. Contestants must be registered and present at the Show Barn by 12:00 pm to be counted in the contest. Also must be by the main stage at 2:45 p.m. to hear the winners announced. Then bands must be available at 5:50-6:30 p.m. to play in the Show Barn if they are chosen as winners. Performing band must include all members that competed.
5. Contestants may be called to the stage in any order.
6. Winners will be announced on Saturday afternoon, and must be prepared to play a 30 minute full band set at 6-6:30 pm, with the full band that competed.
7. No Watermelon Park Fest Main Stage performers permitted in contest.
8. Prizes will be awarded to the top three scores. See prize descriptions above.
9. All contestants agree to hold Watermelon Park Fest and its affiliates free of liability for any and all damages resulting from participation in the contest.
10. No Electrical instruments permitted. Bands will be provided with a single large diaphragm mic. No Plug in and no set up time. All bands must be acoustic and must include either a banjo, mandolin or fiddle. Bands will be judged on timing, taste and tone.
11. The contest coordinator has the final say. There will be no disputes, quarrels, or arguments heard whatsoever. Have Fun and Good Luck!